- Thank to Javier Ballesteros, a debian package for KSalup 1.2.5 is now available (see the download section)
- KSalup 1.2.5 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.2.4 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.2.3 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.2.2 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.2.1 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.2.0 for KDE 3.0 has been released (stable) !
- This version will be soon available for Microsoft Windows.
- KSalup 1.0.9 for KDE 3.0 has been released (development) !
- KSalup 1.0.7 for KDE 3.0 has been released (development) !
- Future releases will now require at least KDE 3.0.
- KSalup 1.0.6 has been released (stable) :
- Displayed messages can now be filtered by message type.
- Some minor changes for better KDE integration.
- A patch for KSalup 1.0.2 is available, see the Bugs section.
The patch has been applied for building the rpm files.
- KSalup 1.0.2 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 1.0.1 has been released (development) !
- This version supports international character sets. Support for Microsoft cp-1251 (Cyrillic) is included.
- Some functions may be unstable.
- I added a Source RPM file in the RPMS directory. If someone builds a RPM package for a specific standard Linux distribution, please contact me, I will add the RPM file to the download section. Thanks !
- A bug causing an error during compilation was corrected. See the Bugs section for more informations.
- A new version of KSalup has been released :
KSalup 1.0.0 (stable).
This version is much stable than the previous ones.
- A new version of KSalup has been released :
KSalup 0.2.0 (stable).
- KSalup 0.1.3 has been released (development) !
- KSalup 0.1.2 has been released (stable) !
- KSalup 0.1.1 has been released (development) !
- KSalup 0.1.0 has been released !
KSalup is an enhanced port of Winpopup for KDE. It also allows the user to send and receive Winpopup messages over a local network (LAN).
KSalup supports two protocols :
- Communication with a computer running Winpopup or using the NetBios protocol over TCP, sending and receiving messages through Samba.
- Communication with computers on a local subnet, using the Netbios protocol over UDP, compatible with almost all of the current softwares (Kurupop, Pipop, Salup, Windows NT, ...)
- Netbios over UDP protocol.
- Netbios over TCP protocol through Samba.
- Netbios names support.
- Messages filtering.
- Messages forwarding.
- Automatic answering.
- Automatic archiving of incoming and sent messages.
- Network browsing (LAN).
- Handling of workgroup, host name and aliases.
- Tray icon (KDE).
- Support for printing.
- Support for public and private user-defined aliases.
- Online indicator, now compatible with Salup, Kurupop and Pipop.
- Quick user-defined messages.
- Sound attachment.
- Support for different character encodings for internationalisation (UTF-8, Microsoft codepages, ...).
- Possibility of sending messages from the shell command line.
- A menu item "Delete all messages" has been added to easily clear the messages list.
- The option "Clear the messages list on exit" has been added.
- Exceptions have been removed from the project.
- Bug #1098462 corrected : messages are now sorted by date correctly.
- Compilation bug #1104083 corrected (compilation under FC3).
- Corrected bug : the charsets other than UTF8 and latin1 could not be loaded correctly.
- The way in which the messages received through Samba are relayed to KSalup has been modified.
- New feature : a panel displaying the length of the edited message (the length of a message is limited to 424 bytes under Microsoft Windows and all the clients based on the native mailslots APIs.)
- Sent messages now appear in the messages list in the "Sent" tab.
- The "Received" tab only displays received messages, the "All" tab now displays all sent and received messages.
- Corrected bug : the network view was not refreshed correctly when the file popups (file containing saved messages) was missing at startup.
- Solved some connection problems by using ifconfig instead of gethostbyname to determine host's IP address.
- New feature : minimize instead of exiting.
- New feature : confirm on exit.
- Corrected some compilation issues on Suse distributions (missing #include directives).
- Complete application rewrite. This is the first official stable release for KDE 3.x.
- Modified the configuration dialog box for a better look.
- Added a shortcuts configuration dialog box.
- No real new feature for this release...
- Code has been rewritten to enable a port to Microsoft Windows with QT 2.
- Thank to Aurelien BOMPARD (aka Gauret, see http://gauret.free.fr), KSalup is now included in Mandrake Cooker.
- Added a tabbed bar for filtering the messages displayed in the messages list.
- Added KDE Integration option panel in the configuration dialog box :
- The icon in the taskbar of KDE can now be shown or hidden.
- The main window can automatically pop up when a new message is received.
- Only one instance of KSalup can be running.
- Added support for internationalisation.
- The character set used for sending messages can now be selected.
- Added possibility of sending messages from the shell command line.
- Corrected some minor bugs and made security fixes.
- Added international charset support (cp1251 included in the distribution for testing, others
will be included in the next stable release.
- Correction of a misconfiguration concerning the destination directories.
- Possibility of sending messages from a shell command line will be added soon.
- Corrected two severe bugs. KSalup is now very stable.
- Port to KDE 2.1.
- A lot of some minor fixes.
- Online list now compatible with Kurupop, Pipop and Salup.
- Support for both public and private user-defined group aliases.
- Possibility to send quick messages with function keys.
- Netbios protocol support was enhanced (support for mailslot Accuses).
- Message forwarding has been added.
- Netbios protocol support was enhanced (Samba is no more necessary for network browsing).
- Automatic replying now only replies to private messages.
- Correction of some minor bugs.
- Correction of a bug that made KSalup hang during a TCP connection on port 9278.
- Aliases solving algorithm has been enhanced.